Welcome.

Words are worth a thousand pictures.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

the Tides


I am the tides.

Not the ocean, no.
I am not pristine,
and beautiful even
during storms.
There are times
when I make myself
hideous.
Like the tides
bearing their abrasive
face onto the shore
to spoil a walk.
So, I am not the ocean.

But I am the tides.
And at night,
and by day,
you shine.
Though perhaps when the sun glares,
only I still watch you glow.
Surrounded by stars.
As you should be.

Just as the tides,
I feel you magnetic
pull.
You tug on my heart,
my soul,
my body.
And I cannot resist.
I am the tides.
I will follow you on
your path and mine,
littering the way we take
with stardust , and moonlight,
and a hint of salty freshness.
The moon and the tides,
will be one.

You are the moon.

I am the tides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment